You signed in with another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You switched accounts on another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.Dismiss alert
{{ message }}
Repository navigation
[C++][CI][Packaging][FlightPRC] ODBC macOS DYLIB and PKG installer signing #49411
The Apache Arrow Flight SQL ODBC macOS PKG installer and ODBC DYLIB files need to be signed in order for macOS Gatekeeper to allow install.
Acceptance Criteria:
Manual script to sign the macOS PKG installer
Update 07-flightsqlodbc-upload.sh by mirroring Windows changes done in #49686 for macOS signing. On macOS, only the libarrow_flight_sql_odbc.<version>.dylib DYLIB file and the PKG installer itself need to be signed.
Does anyone have bandwidth to help with macOS installer signing for the next release?
Let me know if there is anything I can help with on my end, as I have bandwidth to make changes to the ODBC CI process similar to what we did with the Windows CI process in #49404.
cc @amoeba@lidavidm
Hi @alinaliBQ, I could help with signing if we were able to get a PR for the CI process similar to the Windows one in before the feature planned freeze on October 1. Since the PR is pretty isolated and shouldn't get in the way of fixing CI issues before the release, maybe we can allow the PR in slightly after the feature freeze if we need more time. cc @raulcd@kou
Otherwise, I think I have what I need to sign the macOS .pkg installer so I could help there.
I haven't been close to this, is there a PR already? The feature freeze is in ~48hours and we didn't want to push the release too far away if possible as Python 3.15 is releasing on the 1st of October too and we start getting users requesting wheels to be on PyPI as soon as Python 3.15 is released.
There isn't a PR. I don't think this issue needs to hold up a release since users can work around it. @alinaliBQ if you still want to submit a PR to go in 27.0.0 I can review.
I am also happy to review it. If the PR is mergeable and ready even after the feature freeze while we are stabilizing CI I am happy to merge it. Just wanted to validate we don't have to wait for it to be ready in order to release 26.0.0. If it takes slightly longer it can go to 27.0.0. Thanks for confirming @amoeba
Thank you both @amoeba and @raulcd, I have been out of office in the past few days and back today. I can start working on a PR for the CI process similar to Windows ODBC like Bryce suggested. And I think targeting 27.0.0 would be a reasonable goal for the PR. Thanks! 😄
changed the title [-][C++][CI][Packaging][FlightPRC] ODBC macOS PKG installer signing[/-][+][C++][CI][Packaging][FlightPRC] ODBC macOS DYLIB and PKG installer signing[/+]on Oct 9, 2026
Activity
[-][C++][CI][Packaging][FlightPRC] ODBC macOS DMG installer signing[/-][+][C++][CI][Packaging][FlightPRC] ODBC macOS PKG installer signing[/+]alinaliBQ commentedon Sep 28, 2026
Does anyone have bandwidth to help with macOS installer signing for the next release?
Let me know if there is anything I can help with on my end, as I have bandwidth to make changes to the ODBC CI process similar to what we did with the Windows CI process in #49404.
cc @amoeba @lidavidm
amoeba commentedon Sep 29, 2026
Hi @alinaliBQ, I could help with signing if we were able to get a PR for the CI process similar to the Windows one in before the feature planned freeze on October 1. Since the PR is pretty isolated and shouldn't get in the way of fixing CI issues before the release, maybe we can allow the PR in slightly after the feature freeze if we need more time. cc @raulcd @kou
Otherwise, I think I have what I need to sign the macOS .pkg installer so I could help there.
raulcd commentedon Sep 29, 2026
I haven't been close to this, is there a PR already? The feature freeze is in ~48hours and we didn't want to push the release too far away if possible as Python 3.15 is releasing on the 1st of October too and we start getting users requesting wheels to be on PyPI as soon as Python 3.15 is released.
amoeba commentedon Sep 29, 2026
There isn't a PR. I don't think this issue needs to hold up a release since users can work around it. @alinaliBQ if you still want to submit a PR to go in 27.0.0 I can review.
raulcd commentedon Sep 29, 2026
I am also happy to review it. If the PR is mergeable and ready even after the feature freeze while we are stabilizing CI I am happy to merge it. Just wanted to validate we don't have to wait for it to be ready in order to release 26.0.0. If it takes slightly longer it can go to 27.0.0. Thanks for confirming @amoeba
alinaliBQ commentedon Oct 2, 2026
Thank you both @amoeba and @raulcd, I have been out of office in the past few days and back today. I can start working on a PR for the CI process similar to Windows ODBC like Bryce suggested. And I think targeting 27.0.0 would be a reasonable goal for the PR. Thanks! 😄
[-][C++][CI][Packaging][FlightPRC] ODBC macOS PKG installer signing[/-][+][C++][CI][Packaging][FlightPRC] ODBC macOS DYLIB and PKG installer signing[/+]alinaliBQ commentedon Oct 29, 2026
I entered the wrong github issue by accident, removed the assignment
alinaliBQ commentedon Oct 30, 2026
Raised PR #55321